Best Rava Upma Recipe: Add roasted sooji and mix it well, then add 5 Y2 cups of water and mix it well till the sooji
and the water gets mixed. Properly and it takes the shape of a halwa, a salty halwa
Best Rava Upma Recipe
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total Time||Serves|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes||4People|
Salt to taste
Green chili – 4
Mustard seeds – 4 tsp
Chana dal- % tsp
1. Heat the wok and sooji and roast it for few
minutes till you get the smell and it gets a little
2. Remove it from the wok and keep it on the
plate and keep it inside.
3. In that wok add and heat the oil and then add
mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them pop.
4. After they start spluttering, add Chana dal and peanuts for the crunch and let them cook
for 1-2 minutes till they turn golden brown.
5. Now add chopped onions, deseeded and chopped green chilies and salt and fry them
till they get brown but don’t burn them.
6. Before adding sooji, add a pinch of red chili powder.
7. Add roasted sooji and mix it well, then add 5 Y2 cups of water and mix it well till the sooji
and water get mixed. Properly and it takes the shape of a halwa, a salty halwa.
8. Garnish it with cashews or coriander leaves and serve hot with the chutney or sauce of
Tips and Techniques for the Kitchen:
For trying new Recipes: Try to make one recipe at a time overlapping will destroy the recipes if you are trying them for the first time. Get all your ingredients especially the fresh spices together. Check the recipes and start cooking it step by step.
Make sure that you have all the time to cook the recipe and don’t rush on it because you are cooking it for the first time.
Make a plan and get started with the easy recipe first and don’t overlap anything.
For storing potatoes: Store the potatoes in a cool dark place. After boiling them when they are drained out and when
they are cool enough then you can store in the refrigerator inside the plastic bag.
Storing leafy vegetables, mint leaves, etc. Clean, wash and chop all the leafy
vegetables and mint leaves finely.
You can share this post twitter, Facebook, Instagram