Butter Chicken : In a large bowl, mix yogurt, onion paste, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, sugar, salt, green cardamoms, black cardamoms and mace powder.
|COOKING TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|30 MINUTES||40 MINUTES||1 HOUR 10 MINUTES||
Boneless chicken – 1 kg
Salt to taste
Onion – 2
Bay leaves – 2
Tomato – 4
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 7–8
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Dry Red chili – 1
Black cardamom – 3
Cinnamon – 2
Whisked curd – ½ cup
Butter – 500 gm
Mace powder – ½ tsp
Kasoori methi – ½ tsp
Onion paste – 1
Green cardamom – 3
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsps
1. In a large bowl, mix yogurt, onion paste, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, sugar, salt, green cardamoms, black cardamoms and mace powder.
2. Add pieces of raw chicken in the bowl and mix well. Allow the chicken to marinate overnight or for 4–5 hours.
3. Once the chicken is well marinated, roast it in a tandoor or an oven till its 3/4th done.
4. Then heat little butter in a kadhai/wok on medium flame. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, red chilies and crushed coriander seeds.
5. Sauté the ingredients for half a minute.
6. Now in the same kadhai/wok, add chopped onion, red chili powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi powder and tomatoes.
7. Sauté them for 5 minutes and once done,transfer the mixture in a blender to make a puree.
8. Heat the remaining butter in another pan or you can take the same kadhai/wk. Add the pureed mixture and bring it to a boil.
9. Add marinated chicken pieces, salt, fresh cream and mix well.
10. To make sure that the consistency is not too thick, add some water to the mixture.
11. Add sliced green chilies, crushed fenugreek leaves and let it simmer for few minutes. Bring it to a full boil.
12. Serve the dish to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and cream.
13. You can add more green chilies if you want it spicier.
14. Try it and relish the burst of Indian flavors.
15. Serve it with naan or rice.