Kadhai Chicken : Roast the coriander seeds, when done,remove and crush them with the grinder or hands thoroughly. Keep aside.Heat oil in a pan over low flame; add red chilies and fenugreek seeds. Stir for a few seconds.
|COOKING TIME||TOTAL TIME||
|30 MINUTES||40 MINUTES||1 HOUR 10 MINUTES||
Boneless chicken – 250 gm
Salt to taste Onion – 2
Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
Tomato – 4
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Ginger – ½ inch
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Garlic – 8
cloves Coriander powder – ½ tsp
Milk – 1 ½ cup
Dry mango powder – ½ tsp
Kasoori methi – ½ tsp
Green chili – 1
Oil – 4 tbsps
Asafetida – ½ tsp
1. Roast the coriander seeds, when done,remove and crush them with the grinder or hands thoroughly. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over low flame; add red chilies and fenugreek seeds. Stir for a few seconds.
3. Turn the flame up and add chopped onions and cook them till they turn light brown. Add garlic paste and stir.
4. Now add ginger paste, asafetida (heeng), red chili powder and coriander powder.
5. Add chicken pieces and cook for 3–4 minutes on high flame. Stir to blend all the masala with the chicken.
6. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Add salt, dry mango powder and garam masala powder.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes till chicken gets tender. Stir from time to time and add the tomato puree.
8. Cook for a minute. Now add the tomato, ginger juliennes and green chilies. Mix well on a low flame and stir for a while.
9. Add milk and mix. Add water to make it semi-dry and cook for a minute.
10. Remove and serve hot with rice or tandoori chapatti or naan or as you like it.