Kathal ki Sabzi
Kathal ki Sabzi : This food is very simple coocking.you can step by step ready to your recipe.
|PREPARATION TIME||COOKING TIME||TOTAL TIME||
|15 MINUTES||25-30 MINUTES||45 MINUTES||
Jackfruit/kathal – 500 gm
Salt to taste
Potato – 2
Turmeric powder –1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tps
Red chilli powder –1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Oil- as required
kathal ki sabzi makking Method:
- Firstly, oil your hands well. Keep some oil handy while cutting the jackfruit, as you will need to smear your palms with oil from time to time.
- Peel the jackfruit/kathal and slice into rounds of desired thickness. Slice rounds
into halves, and remove any hard stem and cut the slices into small pieces, do not wash otherwise oil will be removed, scrap any dirt off.
- In a wok heat the oil and the jackfruit/ kathal pieces and fry them till they get light brown, drain and keep them aside. Then in that same wok add potato wedges and in the same way fry them till they get light brown and keep them aside.
- In that same wok remove the access oil and keep the oil from which we have to cook. In that oil heat the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add onions chopped into big pieces, grated ginger and garlic, stir fry them till they get light brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and stir fry them and add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and co- riander powder and mix them well into the
- Then in that mixture add fried jackfruit and potatoes mix them well before adding 2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer till the vegetable is cooked through.
- Serve hot with chapatti or paranthas, gar- nish it with coriander leaves (optional).